Imagine your child immersed in a world of discovery and adventure where every class sees them grow in confidence, creativity, language, listening skills, motor skills, focused attention, social skills, and musicality. They will find confidence as they learn to use their voice expressively, and understand that their creativity is valued and heard. Their language skills will blossom as they rhyme, sing and label their movements. They will develop fine motor skills as they play instruments and perform finger plays. Their gross motor skills will be challenged as they jump, skip, hop and roll. They will giggle and laugh as they play stop-and-go games, unknowingly developing their inhibitory control. They will delight in pretending to be a pig, a pirate, or a whale, without realizing they are growing their creative and expressive muscles. And all of this happens within a nurturing class environment full of energy, imagination, music, dancing, and playful delight.
Kindermusik prepares your child for success in life and school in a wholistic way by developing not just mathematical, language, and motor skills, but also creating independant, critical thinkers who are creative, expressive, confident, and have developed many executive functioning skills such as focus, inhibitory control, and working memory: essential for success at school. There are many 'school readiness' programs, including preschools, but few approach it in such a wholistic way.
Give your child the opportunity to find fun and joy in music at a young age and they will carry this through their whole life. Give them a positive and joyful experience of music and they are much more likely to continue on with, and enjoy an instrument in the future. We aim to provide your child with a wonderful foundation from which music can continue to develop into a life long companion in their lives. We hope to give each child a joyful relationship with music.
Every Kindermusik activity is purposeful and based on current musical and early-childhood research. By adding new concepts and challenges along the way, each age-appropriate program and class acts as a stepping stone to the next-paving the way to a musical journey that can last 5 magnificent, musical years for your child.
In our music classes we love to:
- Sing. We learn to use our voices (our first instrument), and language, expressively.
- Creative Movement with props.
- Understand musical concepts through movement.
- Think creatively.
- Practice active listening and develop our aural skills.
- Explore music within pretend/imaginative play (pre-drama skills).
- Contribute our ideas and build self confidence.
- Explore a range of percussive instruments and timbres.
- Appreciate music from all cultures, genres, and times in history.
- Learn concepts such as high/low (pitch), fast/slow (tempo), loud/quiet (dynamics), direction & movement,
- Develop pre-instrumental skills such as: steady beat, rhythm patterns, a basic introduction to musical notation, a repetoire of songs, singing in tune, fine motor development, tonal awareness, and an understanding of rhythm.
- Explore, express and discover. You’ll see a developmental evolution in language skills, emerging literacy, listening, problem solving, social skills, self-esteem and musicality!
The best part is that your child will be having so much fun that the learning will come naturally!
At Kindermusik we focus on process rather than performance and believe:
- Every child is musical
- Every parent is the child’s most important teacher
- The home is the most important learning environment
- Based on research music nurtures thedevelopment of the WHOLE child
We believe that the parent is the child’s first and most important teacher and the home is the most important learning environment. So we involve parents in all our classes. And Kindermusik’s high quality At Home Materials , including music, literature and activities, extend the fun and discovery of our classes into the home. What's more, the classes give parents ideas and 'know how' through Kindermusik Foundations of Learning, insights based on current research that educate parents about their child's unique development. So they can continue this learning in their everyday activities!
For more information on Kids on the Beat please see "about us" .