Kindermusik with Kids on the Beat (Padstow) aims to provide your child with a wonderful foundation from which music can continue to develop into a life long companion in their lives. We hope to give each child a joyful relationship with music.
Kindermusik is an early-childhood music and movement program that offers much more than just music alone. Each Kindermusik class is a world of discovery and adventure. In every class, you'll witness your child's developmental evolution in language skills, literacy, listening, motor skills, problem solving, social skills, self-esteem, and musicality. And it happens within a nurturing class environment full of energy, imagination, music, dancing, and playful delight.
Evey Kindermusik activity is purposeful and based on current musical and early-childhood research. By adding new concepts and challenges along the way, each age-appropriate program and class acts as a stepping stone to the next-paving the way to a musical journey that can last 5 magnificent, musical years for your child.
To keep up to date with Padstow Kindermusik classes, special promotions and limited offers please like our facebook page
In our music classes we love to:
- Sing. We learn to use our voices (our first instrument), and language, expressively.
- Creative Movement with props.
- Understand musical concepts through movement.
- Think creatively.
- Practice active listening and develop our aural skills.
- Explore music within pretend/imaginative play (pre-drama skills).
- Contribute our ideas and build self confidence.
- Explore a range of percussive instruments and timbres.
- Appreciate music from all cultures, genres, and times in history.
- Learn concepts such as high/low (pitch), fast/slow (tempo), loud/quiet (dynamics), direction & movement,
- Develop pre-instrumental skills such as: steady beat, rhythm patterns, a basic introduction to musical notation, a repetoire of songs, singing in tune, fine motor development, tonal awareness, and an understanding of rhythm.
- Explore, express and discover. You’ll see a developmental evolution in language skills, emerging literacy, listening, problem solving, social skills, self-esteem and musicality!
The best part is that your child will be having so much fun that the learning will come naturally!
At Kindermusik we focus on process rather than performance and believe:
- Every child is musical
- Every parent is the child’s most important teacher
- The home is the most important learning environment
- Based on research music nurtures thedevelopment of the WHOLE child
Give your child the opportunity to find fun and joy in music at a young age and they will carry this through their whole life. Give them a positive and joyful experience of music and they are much more likely to continue on with, and enjoy practicing, an instrument later on. Learning about music through play and movement is the very best way of learning at this young age.
We believe that the parent is the child’s first and most important teacher and the home is the most important learning environment. So we involve parents in all our classes. And Kindermusik’s high quality At Home Materials , including music, literature and activities, extend the fun and discovery of our classes into the home. What's more, the classes give parents ideas and 'know how' through Kindermusik Foundations of Learning, insights based on current research that educate parents about their child's unique development. So they can continue this learning in their everyday activities!
For more information on Kids on the Beat please see "about us" .